Bored cooking with the same menu of Dal, chawal, sabzi, roti….want to try something tasty & healthy. Short of time for preparing lunch or dinner or is it weekend Brunch…..make this Loki ka Paratha…..surely will like it. You all must have heard of “Lauki ka Halwa” “Lauki ke Kofte” or “Lauki ka Raita” try Lauki ka paratha. Paratha is a common dish….prepared by aloo or gobi stuffing. But this recipe is different. Lauki is very healthy which is equally less liked by everyone specially the children. I’m sure children too will like it.
- Lauki – 1 medium
- Chopped onion – 1
- Ginger garlic paste(fresh) – 1 tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Atta/whole wheat flour – 4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Oil or ghee – to cook
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 to 2 tsp
- Grate the Lauki in a bowl. (keep the juice along with it)
- Add all the ingredients except oil/ghee.
- Mix properly and make a dough. Don’t add water till all the ingredients are mixed properly.
- Add little water if required. Knead a tied dough because after sometime Lauki leaves water making the dough loose.
- Instead of only atta, ready made mix atta can also be used to make it more healthy. Also a mixture of 2 cup atta and rest 2 cups can be a mixture of besan/jowar/bajra/ragi flour whichever is available. Only remember half quantity should be of whole wheat atta for proper binding.
- Cover the dough for 10 mins.
- Make paratha by simply rolling and cook with oil/ghee.
- Serve with green chutney or enjoy with tomato sauce.