We, mothers, always hunt for an easy, tasty and healthy snack options for children. We always look for healthy food but children always look for tasty chatpata things to eat. And the hunt finally ends up to fast foods. We are aware of the side effects but are helpless as children refuse to eat. Helplessly give up, thinking chalo kuch toh kha liya, knowing that it is wrong. If you are too facing such type of situation, hope this recipe might solve the problem to some extent.
Soya Moong dal kebab is easy to make, no compromise in taste and healthy too. Even the kebab can be given in lunch box. And why only children it can be a healthy snack for us too. It provides a good amount of protein and fiber. Also moong dal is easy to digest, an extra bite of temptation will not add up calories!!!!
- Yellow split Moong dal – 1 1/2 cup
- Soybean chunk – 1 cup
- Kabuli chana(optional) – a fistful
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves
- Ginger – 1”
- Chopped coriander – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Green chilli – 3 to 4
- Red chilli powder – ½ to 1 tsp
- Cumin/jeera – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chat masala – ½ tsp
- Bread crumb – ½ cup
- Oil – to fry
- Soak moong dal, Kabuli chana and soya chunk separately for 2 hrs. Kabuli chana will take more time so soak it in advance or skip it.
- Drain the water from moong dal and Kabuli chana. Squeeze out the extra water from soya chunk.
- Grind the soya chunk. Now grind moong dal and Kabuli chana to a coarse paste along with ginger, garlic, green chilli and cumin/jeera without adding water.
- Mix moong dal paste and grinded soya chunk in a bowl. Add the remaining spices and mix thoroughly.
- Make kebab of desire size. Keep it thin to cook properly from inside.
- Coat with bread crumb. This is optional if you want to reduce extra oil intake because bread crumb absorb more oil. It is used for the crunchy taste and good appearance. Without bread crumb also the kebab taste awesome.
- Deep fry on medium flame till golden brown color.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.