I find my plate incomplete without rice. Simply can’t resist. Must be it is same for you. Imagine that yum list of fried rice in the menu. There are varieties of rice dishes around the world. If you are weight conscious and fond of rice, have a small portion instead of avoiding the temptation. Rice is cooked by adding variety of flavors. One such recipe I’m going to share is “Spicy Rice.”
- Basmati Rice(long grain rice) – 1 cup
- Peanut – ¼ cup
- Potato – 1 medium
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
For spicy paste:
- Green chili – 5 to 6
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 5 to 6 clove
- Coriander leaves chopped – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – 7 to 8
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1tsp
- Onion – 1 medium
Lets make it:
- For making spicy paste, grind all the ingredients except onion to paste without adding water. Then to this add onion & grind for 3-5 seconds. Onion should be just roughly done.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add the paste & ¼ tsp salt. Salt will accelerate the cooking of paste & also avoid sticking of paste at the bottom.
- Sauté it till the oil starts separating. it will take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder & mix.
- Add water & salt to taste. Aged rice require double the water to its quantity.
- Let it boil. Stir & keep the flame on medium.
- Cover with lid. Cook till 2 whistle & switch off the gas. Avoid overcooking.
- Serve hot with curd.