Tomato rice pulao is a tangy, little spicy and delicious recipe of rice. Tomato, along with other spices, gives a sour and sweet taste to the rice, filling the mouth with flavorful choices with every bite.
Rice is one of the main portion of our meal. From steam rice to biryani, rice is loved by everyone. So after sharing spicy pulao recipe I’m sharing another recipe of rice i.e. “Tomato Rice Pulao”.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup ( soaked in water for 30mins)
- Tomato – 3 nos
- Green chilli – 1-2 no(finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium(finely chopped)
- Cumin/jeera – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6-8 nos
- Whole pepper – 1tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Potato(optional) – 1 medium ( cut into four pieces)
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1tsp
- Garam masala – 1tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as per required
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a cooker.
- Add cumin/jeera, green chilli, whole pepper and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for a min.
- Then add ginger garlic paste. Cook for few seconds
- Add flavors i.e. turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Garam masala powder and sauté.
- To this add chopped tomatoes and ½ tsp of salt. Let it cook properly till tomatoes leaves oil.
- Add potato and rice. Mix gently.
- Add water and salt accordingly, give it a stir. Bring it to boil. Then reduce the flame to medium and cover with lid.
- Let the rice cook till two whistles. When the pressure from the cooker is released, open the lid to avoid over cooking. Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with curd, pickle, dal or enjoy as it is.